INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORG. DEV/2017 006
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Cashier
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as required
Grade: Junior 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Accountant to provide support to the finance staff in the execution of their tasks.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Receive cash, prepare cash receipt voucher and issue receipt
- Prepare and effect bank deposits.
- Collect bank receipts, advices, statements and other bank documents from the bank.
- Submission of income tax, NASSIT and other statutory payments to the respective authorities.
- Ensure that all cheques are accurate and match with supporting documents
- Prepare cheques for authorized payments and submit for approvals.
- Open bank accounts for the National Society
- Assist in the filing of payments/journals with supporting documents.
- Manage the petty cash system
- Carry out any other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong knowledge in book keeping
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Certificate in Book keeping or equivalent qualifications with over two years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown.
Closing date for receipt of applications: March 24, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER