INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORG. DEV/2017 008
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Community Based Health Officer
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as required
Grade: Intermediate 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Health Coordinator to identify and coordinate all CBHP
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to facilitate/manage all trainings under the Health Programme.
- Provide Technical support to field Health Officers when necessary.
- To identify, coordinates all health training needs in the programme
- Facilitates the dissemination of health messages
- Organize and plan identified training needs, develop a work plan and submit to the Coordinator
- To contribute in the design, implementation and evaluation of CBH Programme .
- Responsible for the development of IEC/BCC and training materials and liaise with SLRCS Communication department and MOHS for standards and uniformity.
- Follow up on progress for trainings conducted
- Prepare training budget and submit to coordinator for approval and ensure proper financial management of training programme.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, annual training report and submit to the Coordinator.
- Perform any other duty requested by the CBHP Coordinator
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to track project achievements against milestone
- Knowledge in project management and PMER
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in Nursing or equivalent qualifications with over three years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown.
Closing date for receipt of applications: March 24, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER