INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORG. DEV/2017 007
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Finance Officer
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as required
Grade: Intermediate 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Accountant to prepare payments and ensure that all accounting transaction are effected as per financial policies and procedures of the National Society.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Record/enter all transactions into the appropriate cashbooks in the Great Plain in a timely manner
- Ensure that all financial documents are filed in a systematic manner.
- Review invoices and payment to ensure accuracy of information
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all accounts on a monthly basis
- Provide support to the Accountant and ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Receive payment requests and process payment vouchers/journals and payroll and also respond to queries from other departments/units and external clients.
- Closely monitor receipts and payments into bank accounts and ensure timely and accurate postings.
- Assist the Accountant to provide ongoing support to National Society and branch finance staff in maintaining their book-keeping
- Support in compiling departmental reports and meeting regular reporting requirements
- Assist audit processes
- Carry out any other duties as assigned
- Strong financial background
- Ability to communicate and make presentations in English.
- Ability to track project achievements against milestone
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Financial Services, Accounting or equivalent qualifications with over three years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown.
Closing date for receipt of applications: March 24, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER