EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORGANISATIONAL DEV/2017 005
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Coordinator Project Monitoring Evaluation & Reporting
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as required
Grade: Senior 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Director of Programmes to coordinate activities related to research and evaluation of projects that support the mission and purpose of SLRCS
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Provides oversight and coordination for research, assessments, surveys, evaluations and trend analysis.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of plan of actions related to the recommendations of assessments, surveys and evaluations.
- Guides, monitors and coordinate assessment processes for quality assurance, support data and analysis process.
- Ensures that meaningful, appropriate and accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet management decision needs of the Society.
- Coordinates the annual planning of programmes and the development of programme documents.
- Promotes, advises, consults and coordinates planning activities at the Branch levels.
- Ensures integration of research outcomes and knowledge management systems in planning and decision making.
- Prepare concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements of the internal audit function
- To undertake any other relevant duties within the overall scope of this post as may be required by the Line Manager
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- Sound knowledge in project evaluation and reporting against milestones.
- Ability to empower programme staff through coaching and counselling by emphasising accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision and control of progamme design and implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: University degree in any of the social sciences or equivalent qualifications with over three years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown. Closing date for receipt of applications: March 24, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER