EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORGANISATIONAL DEV/2017 006
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Procurement Officer
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: HQ
Grade: Intermediate 2 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Head of Procurement to develop, implement and evaluate an effective procurement plan and tender specifications for purchasing of goods and services in line with approved budget. Other responsibilities include monitoring and tracking costs of materials, goods and services in order to control expenditure and ensure efficient use of resources
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to SLRCS Procurement Policy by reviewing purchase requisitions, initiate the appropriate procurement process and management the full procurement process from requisition stage up to final payments.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Procurement develop detailed tender specifications to facilitate procurement of goods and services in strict compliance with the Society’s approved policy as well as donor requirements.
- Coordinate Procurement Committee meetings to consider tender applications against approved technical specifications taking into consideration market price, cost, quality and speed of delivery and ensure participation of all required attendees according to SLRCS Policies.
- Provide regular updates on ongoing procurements to the program team and inform the team immediately in case of unexpected delays or any other contractual issues.
- Prepare progress reports as instructed
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Considerable knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures, sources of supplies, price trends and quality of materials and equipment;
- Ability to analyse and process purchasing requisitions and vouchers and make purchasing decisions accordingly;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors and the public;
- Strong communication, organization and presentation skills including ability to develop reports
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Excel and able to surf the internet
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Higher National Diploma in Business Administration/Procurement with over three years relevant working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown. Closing date for receipt of applications: March 24, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER