INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: SLRCS/ORGANISATIONAL DEV/2017 003
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Youth Officer
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown but frequent travels to the provinces
Grade: Intermediate 2 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Governance and Support Officer to enhance, increase and evaluate the Youth Membership and voluntary service within the SLRCS
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with branches, regions and other stakeholders to develop youth and volunteer development strategic plan and budget in line with the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct gap analysis to determine organisational needs for various youth and volunteer services and develop participative programmes aimed strengthening the youth and volunteers to participate in the delivery of humanitarian services.
- Develop, update and disseminate national youth policy and guidelines for young persons aged between 7 and 30 years outlining their recruitment, training, deployment and participation so as to ensure succession and continuation of the Red Cross movement country wide.
- Develop, update and disseminate national membership policy and guidelines especially as they relate to youth membership development.
- Contribute in the implementation and evaluation of capacity building programmes aimed at equipping and strengthening the youth with capacity to provide community-based humanitarian relief services.
- Develop and periodically update computerised database information system to ensure that all records and statistics pertaining to the youth, volunteers and members are properly classified and maintained for rapid access and retrieval.
- Coordinate twinning exchange visits to build the capacity of branches as well as training and developing the youth and volunteer through foreign exchange programmes including participation in international youth camps and conferences.
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote and articulate issues related to humanitarian relief.
- Prepare concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements of youth and volunteer programme against planned targets.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Good communications skills both orally and written
- Proficiency in using word processing and other computer software packages, including use of the e-mail and internet.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail, along with an ability to analyse and evaluate different types of information
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and familiarisation of.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of SLRCS branch structure, planning and administration.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent qualifications with over two years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown. Closing date for receipt of applications: March 17, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER