INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT SLRCS/ORG. DEV/2017 001
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Director of Strategic Partnership & Programme Support
Date required: April 2017 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as required
Grade: Management 2 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Position Summary: Responsible to the Secretary General for the design, development, implementation and coordination of general logistics management, procurement, communications, Organisational Development, Governance Support and Resource Mobilisation
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Co-develop and supervise the implementation of all support services
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors and following up to ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled and are cost-effective.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff to ensure that candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Conduct training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Supervise all activities relating to communications, organisational development, governance support and resource mobilisation
- Represent the society at meetings, conferences and workshops
- Prepare periodic progress reports and annual reports showing departmental achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement.
- Participate in performance management programmes in order to ensure continuous monitoring and measurement against realistic targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s articulated vision for change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasising accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision and control of progamme design and implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement as well as work in accordance with SLRCS’ Mission, Vision, Policies and Practices.
Minimum Qualifications: University degree in any of the Management Sciences or equivalent qualifications with over three years working experience in similar position.
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR/Admin Coordinator, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown. Closing date for receipt of applications: March 17, 2017 at noon.
SLRCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER