Reports To: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMES
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Branch Development Coordinator
Date required: July 2018 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as
Grade: SENIOR 1. Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
2. JOB SUMMARY:
Ensuring that the planning and design of the Branch Development programme is appropriate enough to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in the community. Coordinating, supervising and monitoring the work of Branch Managers.
3. MAIN DUTIES
• Supervise and monitor the work of Branch Managers through periodic visits, to the Branches.
• Make regular visits to branches and give guidance and support to the volunteers and personnel.
• Monitor Branch Managers in the establishment of new groups in their district and in the establishment of new groups in their region.
• Establish and monitor systems for improving recruitment and retention of volunteers and payment of membership fees.
• Organize meetings, seminars and training courses for the promotion of branch development and humanitarian services.
• Ensure that Branch Managers submit annual work plans and reports, and quarterly work plans and reports.
• Prepare concept papers , budgets, periodic and annual reports and work plans showing achievements as well as provide justification for performance
• Collate quarterly branch reports and see that it ties with approved Plan of Actions
• Keep files on all branch activities and carry out annual branch audits.
• To ensure that effective and ethical practice of programme standards are met
• To ensure good planning and implementation of all programmes on quarterly basis
4. POSITION REQUIREMENT
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field of study
A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in related field.
(iii) Required Skills
• Strong communication, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively resolve volunteers and employee issues.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
• Detail oriented, strong organization skills and a high degree of accuracy with the ability to work independently.
Application letters should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an updated C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents addressed to:
The Independence Interim Manager
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
6 Liverpool Street
Deadline for submission: 11th July 2018
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.