Reports To: Director of Programmes
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Branch Manager
Date required: July 2018 Duty station: Freetown/ Branches with frequent travels to the provinces as
Grade: Senior 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
2. Job Summary:
Responsible for the general day to day administration and maintenance of the branch personnel and resources.
Responsible for total branch performance in accordance with organisation policy and procedures. Create and execute the branch activity plan. Plan, implement, and manages areas of responsibility to facilitate continuous improvement and personal growth while supporting organisation’s goals, missions, and vision. Provide sound and disciplined leadership for the branch.
3. MAIN DUTIES
1. Head of administration of the Branch and responsible to the branch executive committee and the Head of Branch Development at the headquarters
2. Responsible for the day to day administration of personnel and programmes in the branch.
3. Coordinate dissemination of National Youth/Volunteer Policy and guidelines outlining their recruitment and selection, deployment, training and development in order to achieve a self-sustaining network of volunteers to ensure succession and continuation of the Red Cross Movement countrywide.
4. Coordinate elections and build the capacity of Branch Executives to ensure a more accountable and transparent governance structure.
5. Develop and periodically update computerised database information system to ensure that all records and statistics pertaining to the youth, volunteers and members are properly classified and maintained for rapid access and retrieval
6. Coordinate the implementation of effective resource mobilisation strategies, prepare and submit funding proposals according to donor requirements.
7. Provide support to staff responsible for programme implementation to prepare work plans that capture all donor requirements as well as planned activity accomplishments, outputs, and verifiable indicators.
8. Coordinate implementation of capacity building programmes to effectively prepare staff, volunteers and communities to respond to disasters, restore family links as well as put in place systems for community reconstruction.
9. Develop strategies for strengthening collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders, government agencies, the private sector and other players to ensure implementation of programmes that enhance organizational effectiveness.
10. Oversee the documentation and reporting of donor funded programmes to ensure compliance with stipulated requirements, coordinate timely responses to donor queries as well as inform on problems and constraints on programme delivery.
11. Coordinate the dissemination of International Humanitarian Law (IHL), International Disaster Response Law (IDRL) and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement.
12. In consultation with the relevant headquarters personnel, prepare concept papers, periodic and annual reports showing achievements of the Branch against planned targets as well as provide justification for performance variances and recommending strategies for improvement.
13. Organise group and executive meetings as stipulated in consultation with the branch chairman.
4. POSITION REQUIREMENT
University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Community Development Studies or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field
5. REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong communication, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively resolve customer and employee issues.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
• Uphold confidentiality and customer privacy in all situations.
• Detail oriented, strong organization skills and a high degree of accuracy with the ability to work independently.
Application letters should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an updated C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents addressed to:
The Independence Interim Manager
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
6 Liverpool Street
Deadline for submission: 11th July 2018
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.