Reports To: Secretary General of Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Director of Human Resource/Administration.
Date required: July 2018 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as
Grade: Management 2 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
Responsible for the effective design, development and implementation of human resources policies, strategies and systems aligned to strategic objective. Specific duties include workforce planning, recruitment & selection, training & development, performance management system as well as employee.
The HR Director is responsible for the smooth and profitable operation of the society’s human resources department.
• To restructure and strengthen the human resource and records management system of the Society.
• Develop, implement and evaluate human resources development plan/budget and identify staff training needs.
• Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures aimed at enhancing workplace relations to gain employee commitment, improve morale and ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees.
• Confer with relevant government agencies and professional bodies on the interpretation and application of the Society’s terms and conditions of employment to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
• Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process to ensure recruitment of qualified and competent human resources comprising professional, technical and supporting staff
• Develop and coordinate the implementation of staff induction and on-the-job orientation programmes aimed at providing new staff with relevant information about the technical and social aspects of their work
• Coordinate the implementation of the performance management system and ensure that individual and work-team performance is continuously monitored
• Coordinate resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases and assist employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counselling services
• Prepare periodic progress reports showing departmental achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement
Bachelor degree preferable in a field related to Human Resources or equivalent
A minimum of three years similar experience within a HR function. Notable experience of managing large amounts of confidential employee information.
(iii) Required Skills:
• Professionalism: Knowledge of, and ability to apply the policies, procedures and processes of the HR department in a professional manner.
• Strong, effective, highly developed, demonstrated team work skills, high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
Application letters should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an updated C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents addressed to:
The Independence Interim Manager
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
6 Liverpool Street
Deadline for submission: 11th July 2018
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.