Reports To: Secretary General of Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Director Resource Mobilisation
Date required: July 2018 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as
Grade: Management 2 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
2. Job Summary:
Responsible for the effective design, development, implementation and evaluation of effective resource mobilization strategies aimed at promoting and enhancing the Society’s image in order to create good-will and build credibility.
• To lead the development and implement the organisation’s Resource Mobilisation Strategy and business plans, working closely with the Chief Executive, the relevant Committees and colleagues.
• To manage marketing functions including media and campaigns, publishing, web, public affairs and stakeholders, events, internal and external communications and projects.
• Mobilize and support the society’s leadership to identify, capture and develop a good resource mobilization team, new and viable business opportunities, ensure effective strategies, donor relationship; supervise and develop a highly effective and responsive resource mobilization team. The Director manages the Resource Mobilisation Coordinator, First Aid and Marketing Officers and other teams of volunteers who are involved with the business of resource mobilisation and fundraising.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and motivation for the team within the Resource Mobilisation Department.
• Identify and manage business development plans, and performance and service delivery improvement plans and deliver these in support of the SLRCS’s overall resource mobilisation objectives.
• Draft overall Resource Mobilisation strategy for SLRCS, ensuring a positive corporate identity is created, and ensures all volunteers and staff are aware of the strategy.
• Develop and implement a RM policy and a strategy to support the organization’s mission, goals and objectives.
• Maintain effective media relations, prepare news releases, fact sheets, talking points, establish and maintain regular contact with media representatives and also promptly respond to requests for information from the media, other stakeholders and the general public in order to promote the Society’s image and reputation.
• Gather, edit and package communication materials and other publications including publicity materials, posters, speeches, brochures, internet web pages and other publications for internal and external audiences, in order to improve on Resource Mobilization.
• Develop comprehensive viable businesses for the Society.
• Develop the organization’s fundraising strategy and build relationships with existing and new donors, by ensuring that donors are informed of developments including needs of the society.
• Develop proposals, concept papers for funding periodic progress reports and annual reports summaries showing achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for increased confidence and donor support.
• Identifying and soliciting new sources of support by matching SLRCS’s programme interests and core-funding needs with the funding priorities of a broad array of foundations and public donors.
• Provide support to programme officers in the Branches by strengthening their capacity to document and produce stories of key programmes and activities in line with SLRCS policies and donor requirements
• Respond to calls for expressions of interest in contracts the Red Cross has capacity to implement as well as requests for project proposals when required to do so.
• Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase viable fundraising and business development to meet SLRCS revenue goals.
• Supervise the development of an annual fundraising plan and budget.
• Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
4. POSITION REQUIREMENT
• A University degree in Business Administration, Communication, Mass Communication, English Language or any equivalent social sciences plus relevant years of experience doing successful resource mobilization..
• A postgraduate qualification in a relevant social sciences is an added advantage
• At least five years’ experience and doing communication for Fundraising, Marketing and resource mobilization issues.
(iii) Required Skills
• Ability to prepare compelling and competitive case or proposal applications for projects contracts.
• Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
• Proven ability to manage a Resource Mobilisation Department at a manager/senior management level.
• Proven ability to lead, support and manage a team or several teams which have included a diverse range of functions and responsibilities.
• Proven ability to co-ordinate media campaigns strategies (internal and external) and to plan, manage and deliver targeted market research programmes
• Proven events management skills and knowledge and the ability to deliver key events successfully.
• Demonstrated high standard of written and analytical skills, and excellent presentation skills (including experience of giving presentations to a wide range of audiences).
• Sound working knowledge of window based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet Explorer
• Willingness to travel on a regular basis throughout Sierra Leone, including overnight stays as required.
Application letters should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an updated C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents addressed to:
The Independence Interim Manager
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
6 Liverpool Street
Deadline for submission: 11th July 2018
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.