Reports To: Director of Resource Mobilisation
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of Resource Mobilisation Coordinator
Date required: July 2018 Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as
Grade: Senior 1 Contract type: Fixed term – 1 year with possible extension based on performance
2. Job Summary:
• The position’s responsibilities include; organizing fundraising events, direct mail campaigns and general donor development. The RM Coordinator will be responsible for securing sponsorships for all events. He/she must create and implement a strategic plan for annual and corporate appeals which will include developing relationships with current supporters and as well as develop new relationships with potential supporters and secure their donations.
• The position will develop resource mobilisation proposals in line with the departmental objectives, coordinate and oversee all fundraising activities of the Red Cross branches nationwide. He/she will handle the commercial first aid services of the Society and promoting it to banks, institutions, etc. in Sierra Leone.
• Maintain all donor databases, mailing lists, marketing materials, and promotional materials required to meet the organization’s goals and objectives. Supports the Head of Resource Mobilisation in producing newsletters, marketing materials and internet website update.
3. MAIN DUTIES
• Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors.
• Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals. Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of Red Cross into the future.
• Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget.
• Represents, in the absence of the Head of Resource Mobilisation, Red Cross at community meetings, outreach events, radio/TV shows, and other community on fundraising.
• Prepare grants and progress reports as required by management.
• Supports Head of Resource Mobilisation, search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
• Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities.
• Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
4. POSITION REQUIREMENT
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing Management, Journalism or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
• At least three years’ experience in similar roles
• Knowledge and experience in Business Investment industry.
• High proficiency in computer and internet technology. Experience in or ability to learn basic accounting principles.
(iii) Required Skills
• Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
• Good client interactions skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as negotiation skills
• Able to work within flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality
• Knowledge of computers and word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and other programmes relevant to the job
• Understanding of budget control, expenses, and allocations
• Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan
• Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand
Application letters should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an updated C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents addressed to:
The Independence Interim Manager
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
6 Liverpool Street
Deadline for submission: 11th July 2018
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.