OTHER RELATED UPDATES
- The Liberian Government sent in a battalion of military personnel accompanied by some staff of the Liberia National Red Cross Society to support effort on the ground.
- The SG stressed the need for SLRCS staff assigned to attend coordination meetings so that the Society will be abreast with what is happening in other agencies’ activities. “Information is power” he said.
- The SLRCS was asked to extend its hygiene promotion to Juba Bridge and other affected areas not just the holding centers
- Reports of flooding in Pujehun and Bo in southern Sierra Leone, in addition to the landslide and floods in Freetown causing the following:-
- 5 chiefdoms, 11 communities and 137 households affected
- 939 affected population
- 4 houses destroyed
- 40 acres of crop destroyed
- 1533 acres of boliland destroyed
- The SLRCS is ready to work with the appropriate authorities on shelter as this is one of its pillars of intervention in this crisis
- The affected people in Regent Community are in desperate need of food and WFP was asked to take the lead in food distribution.
- About 115 Cholera beds are needed by the Government even though there is no Cholera case.
- A Forensic team is in the country from Spain to support the operation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) are needed for volunteers in Motormeh community.
DONATIONS SO FAR
- Total Sierra Leone Ltd – Cash Donation to SLRCS SLL190,000,000.00 = USD 25,000.00
- Turkish Red Crescent Society – Cash Donation to SLRCS SLL 114,000,000.00 = USD 15,000.00
- Turkish Red Crescent Society – Plane Load of Relief items of non-food and food items