Disaster Management/Restoring Family Links (RFL): This programme started in 2001 and is responsible for the following activities:
– Organizes First Aid and Disaster Management capacity building for communities.
– Sets up database on hazards, resources and supplies at National and Branch levels.
– Conduct search and rescue
– Provides relief aid services.
– Conducts Vulnerability and Capacity Assessments (VCA) in the Branches.
– Cooperates and supports the Government of Sierra Leone through Office of National Security in the development of a National Disaster Management Plan and sensitizes key stakeholders on Disaster Management. Implementing the Global RFL Strategy deals with tracing cases and requests to unite families separated because of crises.